- Tax Services & Information
- Tax Collector
To encourage voluntary compliance with the tax laws of the State of South Carolina and the tax ordinances of Georgetown County.
The Delinquent Tax Office investigates and collects delinquent real and personal taxes, assessments, penalties and costs. The Department attempts to locate and notify taxpayers of taxes owed; and maintains an accurate, up-to-date account of monies collected.
Unpaid Tax accounts by law become delinquent on March 17 of each year. The county treasurer issues a warrant of execution to the Delinquent Tax Office for collection. This execution commands the tax collector in the name of the State to levy by distress and sale on so much of the taxpayer's property as is sufficient to satisfy the delinquent taxes, assessments, penalties and costs. This execution is sufficient warrant for a levy by distress and sale.
The Delinquent Tax Office also works closely with the county auditor, assessor and treasurer.
This Department Does Not
- Accept applications for high mileage discount (See Auditor)
- Revise tax notices (See Auditor)
- Determine values on real property (See Assessor)
- Determine values on personal property (See Auditor)
- Accept applications for Homestead or disability exemption (See Auditor)
- Accept applications for legal residence (See Assessor)
- Accept applications for mobile home registration (See Assessor)
View & Pay Taxes Online
Visit the Georgetown County tax website to view and pay your taxes online.