How do I make child or spousal support payments in Georgetown County?

Effective Monday, June 3, 2019, citizens currently making support payments to the Georgetown County Clerk of Court began making payments to the South Carolina State Disbursement Unit and mailed to:
South Carolina State Disbursement Unit
P.O. Box 100302
Columbia, SC 29202

Note: The State Disbursement Unit will accept personal checks.

If you have questions about when or how to make payments to the State Disbursement Unit, please contact the SDU customer service center at 800-768-5858. Agents are available Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm, excluding holidays.

Get more information for Customers Paying Support and view the options available to make payments.

Note: Payments made to the SDU will be applied according to federal guidelines.

Show All Answers

1. How do I make child or spousal support payments in Georgetown County?
2. How can I check to see if my child support payment has been made?
3. I was in court recently and I was ordered to make a lump sum payment, or to pay a court cost that is different from my regular payment. Should I pay the SDU?
4. If child support or alimony payments are not being made by the responsible party as ordered, why has he/she not been brought before the Court?
5. Where and how do I file for child support?
6. Where do I change my address?
7. What services does the South Carolina Department of Social Services provide?
8. Where do I file for a Restraining Order?
9. Does the Family Court give out legal advice?
10. Can the Family Court staff recommend an attorney or law firm?
11. Can I act as my own attorney when filing a case?