Does the Family Court give out legal advice?

No, the Family Court office staff are prohibited from giving legal advice, as we are not attorneys.

Show All Answers

1. How do I make child or spousal support payments in Georgetown County?
2. How can I check to see if my child support payment has been made?
3. I was in court recently and I was ordered to make a lump sum payment, or to pay a court cost that is different from my regular payment. Should I pay the SDU?
4. If child support or alimony payments are not being made by the responsible party as ordered, why has he/she not been brought before the Court?
5. Where and how do I file for child support?
6. Where do I change my address?
7. What services does the South Carolina Department of Social Services provide?
8. Where do I file for a Restraining Order?
9. Does the Family Court give out legal advice?
10. Can the Family Court staff recommend an attorney or law firm?
11. Can I act as my own attorney when filing a case?