What records do I need to keep?

You should retain sales records and other documentation that will adequately support all sales subject to local accommodations/hospitality taxes and reported to the county on the local accommodations/hospitality tax returns. Such records are subject to audit by the county and should be retained for a minimum of three years.

Show All Answers

1. What is local accommodations tax?
2. What is local hospitality tax?
3. Who is responsible for collecting and remitting the local accommodations/hospitality tax?
4. How should the tax be remitted?
5. What if my tax payment is late?
6. What is the penalty for violation of this ordinance?
7. What records do I need to keep?
8. What are "prepared meals and beverages?"
9. What sales by restaurants, bars and other food service establishments are subject to the hospitality tax?
10. What sales by convenience stores are subject to the hospitality tax?
11. What proceeds are subject to the local accommodations tax?
12. Who can I contact for additional information regarding Hospitality / Accommodations taxes?