One files civil cases in the county or state where the defendant lives or operates a business (if the claim is against the business itself). You may file civil suits against corporations in the county where they own property and operate their regular business. Within Georgetown County, there are magisterial districts that handle your case.
- All parts of the city of Georgetown; north on Highway 701 to the southern border of the Black River including the Kensington, Beneventum and Browns Ferry communities.
- West on Highway 521 to the intersection of Alternate 17 commonly known as the Nine-Mile Curve.
- South on Alternate 17 encompassing all communities on the east side of Alternate 17 to Powell Road proceeding south on Powell Road to include most of the Sampit Community all of the North Santee Community.
- South on Highway 17 to the Charleston County line and encompassing the following communities:
- Belle Island Forest
- Belle Isle
- South Island
- All parts of the Town of Andrews, east on Highway 521 to the intersection of Alternate 17 commonly known as the Nine-Mile Curve, South on Alternate 17 encompassing all communities on the west side of this highway including:
- Oak Grove
- Street Delight/Lamberttown
- Ten Acre Road
- South on Highway 41 to the Berkeley County line and north on Highway 41 to include the Big Dam and Potato Bed Ferry communities.
Northwest Regional Summary Office
- All areas north of the Black River including the following communities:
- Carvers Bay
- Folly Grove
- Pee Dee
- Pleasant Hill
Pawleys Island Office
- All areas north of Georgetown on Highway 17 starting at the base of the Waccamaw River/Intracoastal Waterway bridge and including the following communities:
- North Litchfield
- Pawleys Island (mainland and island)
- Prince George
- All of Murrells Inlet including the Georgetown County portion of Garden City
- All areas south on Highway 17 to the Huntington Beach/Brookgreen Gardens area
Please Note: If you are unsure where to go, you may contact the Georgetown office and they will direct you.