Who should I contact to get a 911 address?

For a new structure, the address is issued along with the building permit. In this case, contact the Georgetown County Building Department, 843-545-3116. For addressing issues concerning existing buildings, contact the GIS Department at 843-545-3071.

Note: The County does not issue addresses for vacant lots or sheds; only for habitable structures.

Show All Answers

1. What is the best way to contact the GIS department?
2. What does GIS stand for?
3. Who should I contact to get a 911 address?
4. Why has the format of the tax map number changed? It used to have spaces and decimals, now it has only dashes.
5. Why do I sometimes receive "no results" when searching for a known street address?
6. Why does the map server show incorrect/obsolete information for a certain parcel(s)? How can this be corrected?
7. Why does the Create Print Page button not work for me?