Whom do I contact regarding a marriage license?

Probate Court, located in the Georgetown County Judicial Center, 401 Cleland Street, Georgetown, or you may call the office at 843-545-3274. A person must be at least 18 years of age or if less than 18 years of age have parental consent. Once you file the marriage license application, there is a mandatory 24-hour waiting period. Additionally, an application fee is required before processing.


Georgetown County has a tiered fee system for marriage licenses. Fees are as follows:

  • $55 - One or both applicants reside in Georgetown County
  • $75 - Neither applicant resides in Georgetown County, but at least one applicant resides in South Carolina
  • $115 - Both applicants reside outside of South Carolina

Active Duty Military

Active Duty Military members are deemed to reside in the County/State where the installation to which they are assigned is located.

Show All Answers

1. What days are Georgetown County offices closed?
2. How can I learn of job vacancies in Georgetown County government?
3. Whom do I contact regarding a marriage license?
4. Whom should I contact to report animal complaints?
5. Whom do I contact concerning a business license?
6. Whom do I contact concerning an assessment of my property?